Friday, June 12, 2009

What's Wakkie Nu Nu?

So I've decided to start a blog. I was resistant at first, not really thinking that my life merits any kind of excitement that would necessitate a blog, but certain friends and a few family members persisted that I give it a go anyway. So, here goes. Many may be wondering, "What the H is Wakkie Nu Nu and why is that the title she chose to call her blog?" Simple answer. It's hilarious! Right now, as many know, I am in Florida. On t.v., there are these crazy commericials from this place called "Appliance Direct." The main character of the commercial is an asian man who speaks poor english and uses awkward sentences to describe the greatness of Appliance Direct. One of his greatest exclamations about competitors prices or machinery is, "That's Wakkie Nu Nu!!!" (the phrase is also spelled out in cheesy WordArt on the screen). So naturally, this made me laugh real hard and filled me with the desire to work the phrase into my everyday vocabulary. So why Wakkie Nu Nu? Because life is Wakkie Nu Nu. That's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment