Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm a blog tease

I would say I'm sorry for my recent lack of blog activity, but really, I'm not.  It's been a pretty crazy time these past few weeks.  My mom, dad, and some of Carly and Matt's friends arrived in FL for Miriam's baptism, so that took a lot of time.  We had a blast, going to GATORLAND, spending the day cruising the Banana River on a fast boat, sewing an ENTIRE quilt, trips to the pool and beach, and to cap it off, that damn space shuttle finally took off.  All TOTALLY fun things, but busy nonetheless.  Also, I learned these busy weeks would be my last in FL.  

In the beginning of July end of June my grandma got really sick.  She starting having these pseudo strokes (that's the best way I know how to describe them).  Basically, whatever independence she had left is now gone, and she needs round the clock care.  For several reasons, one being that I was not finding work in FL, and the bigger reason being that I LOVE my grandma because she is the GREATEST grandma in the world, I decided to come back to Chicago and be her caretaker so she wouldn't be spending this difficult time with some Polish lady stranger who could give a crap less about her.  

SO, that being said, it's been busy and writing on some blog hasn't been top priority (PATRICK!). I flew home from FL on the 16th of July, went to a pair of my best friends' wedding (sorry if that possessive was incorrect), got back to Chicago on Monday where Lizard dropped me off at my grandma's house and I have basically spent all my time there since then.  I've learned a lot about what it is going to take in order to care for grandma.  It's been really overwhelming, but so far, I don't feel like it is not doable. I love my grandma so much, I know I am helping out my family, and I have been given a beautiful gift to be able to serve our Lord. 

I enjoy writing on this because I know it's nice to let the people you care about know what you're doing with your life.  It's also kinda fun. So I am going to try and keep up as much as I can.  I have totally awesome pictures from some of the events listed above (GATORLAND pics are AAHHHHHmaaaaaaaaazing) and as soon as I can figure out how to get them off my mom and dad's cameras, they will be on here.  Until then hold tight, don't lose faith in my blogging capabilities, and I will do my best to not go all wakkie nu nu on you. 

peace

1 comment:

  1. Um so can I just tell you that I bought a house, which means I have to buy a washer, dryer, and fridge....yes, three appliances.....and you KNOW where I'm going....cause paying more is Wakie Nu Nu!!!!!!

    I miss you cousin!!!!

    ReplyDelete