Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Importing "Kitty"

So everyone should know that I work at a library. Part of my wonderful job in the circulation department is watching all of the different items the library has to offer circulate through the system. Why is this so great? I get FIRST PICKS on newly checked in items before they even hit the shelves. I.E. - Great books that I probably never would have discovered otherwise (see Stockett's The Help). CDs, DVDs, you name it! So, right now, I am downloading about 15CDs and 5 Audiobooks to my itunes library. So what else can I do while they download but go on here and ramble about nothing in true Sanguine form. Hey, you don't have to read it. You can choose to stop scolling right now. Not like I'm going to know, and even if I did, I would forget about it in 5 seconds because of my sanguinity (word?). So hey, joke's on you.

I'm going to make a quilt. I was at JoAnn's the other day and they had some fat quarters on sale for $0.99! I bought them like they were hot and decided right there I would make something out of them like the Elm Creek Quilters (great book series by Jennifer Chiaverini about friends that quilt--my mom and sister and I read them like it's our job). So I picked out a few different colors that I really liked, mainly reds, browns, and deep greens, and now I just have to pick out the quilt pattern. My mom loves to quilt, so she has pretty much every quilt book in the universe. Each block is named something special and means something. Honestly, most of the time I can't understand why the blocks have the names they do, but regardless, there sure are a lot to choose from out there! I think I've narrowed it down to a simple pattern, but I'm not sure yet. I'm very indecisive. But this is something I want to accomplish. So decisions are coming soon! I'll try to put updates on here every now and again.

My CDs are almost done importing, and I will be moving on to audiobooks. Fantasia 2000- Firebird Suite just scared the crap out of me. If you haven't listened to it before, go listen to it and you'll figure out quickly what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment