Tuesday, January 5, 2010

STUPID FISH DISEASE

I just spent a few moments trying to think up a great title for this post, but really, the only title that sums it up is the one I chose.  STUPID. FISH. DISEASE. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most know that I am an animal enthusiast.  Fish really have never been a big part of the equation before.  Sure, it was nice to have a little fish friend once and a while, but nothing more.  My preference was for the cuddly puppy of any variety, and even an occasional kitten.  I even brought a kitten home once when I was working at the vet.  It was one of the stupidest things I have ever done, but the kitten fooled me with its facade of fluffy fur and pink nose.  Regardless, never a fish fan.  

HOWEVER....

I got a fish in the summer.  I believe his picture is on the blog somewhere in my minimal posting. Most of you know that I have a very difficult time sleeping at night, and oftentimes, over the past few months, I would fall asleep watching my little friend swim around.  It was relaxing.  I loved my fish.

THEN HE DIED.

Why did he die?  

STUPID FISH DISEASE!!!

How did he contract such a horrible fate?

STUPID SCOTT'S PET SHOP IN LAGRANGE, IL!!!!!  

My brother wanted to get me a few more fish friends for Gimbly (yes, nerd alert I know, whatevsies).  So we got two fish that were smaller than Gimbly so he would be able to be top fish in the tank.  It was a meticulous decision.  I found two who fit the job.  They were cute.....AND VESSELS OF DISEASE AND DESTRUCTION!!!  The first one waited until it had five babies to kick it.  Yes, five fishy babies, four of which my brother saved, put into a tank, and ground up little fishy flakes for them.

Yeah, they're all dead now.

Then the other one got the fish disease.  No surprise there. 

Well, we all know the outcome. 

SCOTT'S PETSHOP=DISEASE INFESTED FISH MURDERERS. 

Moral of the story, don't eff with my fish.


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe you should try Walmart fish. Or maybe ask Mom where I got that goldfish in kindergarten. She couldn't kill it to save her life.


    And I think Scott's is in Western Springs or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, no, I think I was wrong. I think they are in Westchester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. steshie, i'm sorry for your loss ...

    ... but ...

    that was freaking hilarious.

    ReplyDelete